Monday, February 9, 2009

America Today


Valentines Day is Saturday. It just is not as fun as it use to be. In elementary school we took nice little valentines to school to pass out with friends and just show how much we loved them. Once you get older if you aren't talking to, dating, or married to someone Valentines Day is just another day. So this year it will be just another day. Oh well I suppose last years Valentines Eve surprise was sweet enough to make up for this year.

On another note...

This weekend was a big eye opening experience for me. The way that the movies are portraying to the american population that it is okay to cheat on your spouse. I watched two movies this weekend. In both of these movies the people were cheating on their spouses. In the first one I watched He's just not that into you. The husband is cheating on his wife and in the end they get divorced but the movie portrays that it is okay and everything works out. In the second movie the husband is once again cheating on the wife but he apologizes and they make up, at the end one of the women admits that she cheated on her husband and he forgave her and they are still married. I don't know about everyone else but I think it is horrible the way that the movies are portraying marriages. A marriage is a  sacred covenant. There should be no cheating or divorce. Well I just felt that I had to rant and rave a little about this because it truly bothered me.

No comments: