Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Experience and Learning

Wow!! It has been a long time since I have posted on here but it has been a long time in the making. I figure that I will catch people up on what is going on in the life of Ashley.

I don't even know where to start. As everyone already knows I have been back in Rexburg for another semester at BYUI for about 3 and a half weeks now. I don't know why but I do love this place. I think it is the great spirit that is felt here and the confirmation that I am supposed to be here. My mind has been expanded in so many ways since April. Who knew that a person could obtain so much knowledge and experience in 6 months? If I have made this much progress, how much more can I make in my life? I have been able to experience things I absolutely never imagined. I mean, I was the girl who as I have been quoted to have said "I am staying in Florida forever, I love this place and this is where I plan to stay". Wow!! Heavenly Father gave me a swift kick when I decided to listen!! So, here I am,  in beautiful Idaho. I must admit...the campus is a little packed this semester and I definitely enjoyed the overall smaller feeling of everything last semester but with that being said it still beats UCF any day.

Some of the amazing things that I have been able to learn and experience in the last six months:
P.S. Don't make fun of me!!

1. Mountains aren't actually completely made of stone...they actually have trees and dirt just like any other place on earth

2. Snow is quite the precipitation...It is a lot like rain...cold and wet (we will see how much I like it come December)

3. Florida is not the only place on earth where a person can be happy.

4. The church is true no matter where you go (I already knew this...I just had to throw it in there after experiencing it)

5. I actually like horses and would like to learn more about them.

6. As open-minded as I was before...I was still very close minded.

7. I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for.

8. My weak stomach can endure blood, guts, and gore that I never imagined was possible.

9. I am actually extremely impressed with the way that a cow is killed, skinned, and butchered.

10. Beets are actually kind of cool looking...Who knew they came with long green stems and can be peeled and shredded to make cake?

11. Beet cake is delicious!!

12. President Monson, the apostles, and all the other general church leaders are amazing!! They are truly called by Heavenly Father!!

13. I am grateful for the internet that has helped allow me to learn the things I have.

14. I love Google!!

15. I love to learn about so many things!!

16. Potatoes that are fresh out of the ground are the most delicious.

17. I have seen a corn stalk for the first time ever.

18. Apples trees are awesome!! The apples are so small and cute around here.

19. BYUI has some really amazing facilities set up to do so many things and to allow the students to attain the knowledge to succeed in their future careers, families, and life.

20. I adore my roommates!!

21. You can get through any trial as long as you continue to press forward and rely on our loving Heavenly Father.

22. Heavenly Father will answer any prayer that you pray for with a sincere faith if it is necessary and part of His will.

23. I am amazed at the progress my grandmother has made in helping herself to become a better person. (She was great before but now she is just absolutely amazing!!)

24. I am grateful for the way that I was raised. It has helped me to become who I am today. Without my parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and sister I would not be the person that I have become.

25. I am absolutely ecstatic that I will soon find out if I will have a new niece or nephew to call me Aunt Ashley!! I love my aunt and uncle so much!!

I guess 25 is enough for tonight but I could not even put into words all of the things that I have taken in in the last 6 months. I can not wait to continue to explore.

I love you all!!

Love Always,
Ashley :)

1 comment:

katiedid said...

Hahaha. Your roommates love you too Smashley. (:

Also, yes. Mountains have dirt, trees, and sometimes even a little grass to go with that rock ;)